Dent County, MO Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

public nuisances

2 posters

Go down

public nuisances Empty public nuisances

Post  curious Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:18 am

How can someone be given a felony charge of being a public nuisance when people don't know who it is? It seems if they are such a nuisance there shouldn't be any problem identifying them. As far as the money, what makes it illegal? I understand that the law has to be there to protect us but who is there to protect us from them? What will happen if it is proven not to be drug money? Will there be as much of an effort to let the public know "it was a mistake" as there was to make it be known that they were arrested? Highly doubtful! It seems to me like the public nuisance was created by the actions of the law enforcement.

curious

Back to top Go down

public nuisances Empty Re: public nuisances

Post  DentCoFarmer Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 am

Will there be as much of an effort to let the public know "it was a mistake" as there was to make it be known that they were arrested?

No.
Simple as that.

There were some ''mistakes'' this summer. (2007)
Innocent people paid attorney's fees etc, to prove they were innocent.

I don't know exactly what we are to do about this, but this seems terribly unfair to me. I heard of this while in the Judicial Bldg, and did some research myself, because I really didn't believe it could be true.

It was- it is, and I don't know how we are going to combat ''guilty until proven innocent'' in Dent Co.

(this has nothing to do with anything happening in the last few weeks...this is old news from last summer....however innocent people spent well over one thousand dollars to prove they were innocent, and they were).

The information given to the Newspaper was in error as well.
Names and locations and arrest warrents served was in total error--yet without further investigation the newspaper printed it verbatum.

I wish there was a way to stop this from happening again, but it appears there is not.

Ive asked alot of questions, and everyone who is responsible is denying that responsibility.

And, opening up the issue again, only draws the names of innocents into the news again. Damned if we do and damned if we don't?

It appears so.
And, this is very very sad.
DentCoFarmer
DentCoFarmer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum